Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Monday 28 September 2009

Coaster Box and an Acetate Box decorated using Sunshine’s Stamps

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for dropping by for my second post for the day. Today I am bringing to you 2 new images from Sunshine’s Stamps. I also thought I would have a go at a couple of other projects other than a card or a scrapbook page. I think they came up o.k. I found the templates on Splitcoast Stampers so I will give you the url where you can find them with each project.

The first image that I used was Racy Randyne, she is very cute Motorbike. I know my 18 year old niece would love her in green, however my little girl is into pink so I thought I would colour her in pink. I made a coaster box only I didn’t use coasters. I bought a chipboard mini square album to use. I didn’t need the little tray that comes with the coasters and I could find a square one anyway. This little album already had 2 holes punched so I just evenly spread the other holes that were needed around the 2 holes already there and it came out o.k. I think. I left the coloured markers in the box so that you could see it used for a pencil holder. Of course you could use it as a gift box as well.




Here is the inside of the box for you to have a look at:


Here is what I used:

I used the Sweet Always DSP from Stampin’ Up to cover the chipboard. I also used Pretty in Pink Card Stock for the inside of the box. Instead of Modge Podge which the tutorial from Splitcoaststampers used I just used double sided tape making sure that the paper was secure at the edges of the chipboard before using my emery board to sand of the excess paper and card stock. After each application of the card stock or paper I then re-punched the wholes in the paper. I had already done this in the chipboard before covering. I thought this would be easier as I already had the 2 pre-punched holes. I also used double sided tape to adhere the bottom of the box as I didn’t have strong liquid glue to do this and it has held up quite well. This was quite time consuming but well worth it. I coloured the edges of the chipboard in with a pink marker. Anyway have a look at the tutorial to get the full details on how to make the box itself.

For the image I used Racy Randyne on whisper white card stock and backed her on Pretty in Pink Card Stock and these are the colour that I used for her.
All Stampin’ Write Markers: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Going Grey, Basic Grey, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Only Orange, Pink Passion, Pixie, Pink and Pretty in Pink. I also used some orange satin ribbon to tie the box together.
For the Acetate Box I used Sunshine’s digital stamp, Vanity. No I am not one who wears make up but I’m sure if you have a girlfriend who is into makeup you might be able to use this image on the box to give a s a gift. I left the pens in the box so that you would get the idea. You can also find the tutorial for this box at Splitcoaststampers.


Sorry that the picture is a little dark, it was a grey, wet and very cold day in Melbourne when I took this photo.
I used for this box and overhead transparency, close to cocoa, whisper white and pretty in pink card stock. The DSP is Stampin’ Up’s Pink Pirouette Patterns DSP. The colours I used for Vanity are Close to Cocoa, Chocolate chip, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Cameo Coral, Lavender Lace, Bordering Blue, Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue. I also used the Crop-a-dile and some white grosgrain ribbon. Make sure you have left enough ribbon so you can pull the lid up to fill your gift box.

Well that is all for now. Hope that you have been inspired to have a go yourself somewhere in the busy-ness of your life.

Don’t forget to check out the other DT members of Sunshine’s for some more inspiration. You can find them on my side bar as well as Sunshine’s blog and her store.

Have a great day and thanks for spending a little of your time with me.

Take Care

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Totally stupendous! Just love both of these projects! Great job! I can think of so many uses for both of these projects! Now you've done it! I am totally going to CASE these project idea's. :^P

Kym Weber said...

I love both of your projects! The box is totally adorable. And I love the container. You did an awesome job!

JayLynn said...

WOW! Both amazing projects!! I especially like the coaster box.

Chrissy said...

Great job! Love the projects Sharon :o)

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...