Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Wednesday 16 August 2017

The Heart of Christmas - Week 12



Hello and welcome to another beautiful day.

Can you believe that this is week 12 of our weekly Christmas sharing with the team at Art with Heart? I can’t! That has sure gone quick. 

Today with our One Sheet Wonder I have used the 3 little strips that are 1” wide.


I thought they would go perfectly in the border you can make with the new Card Front Builder Thinlits which is in the new holiday catalogue. But the best bit is that The Card Front Builder Thinlits and its matching stamp set Carols of Christmas is available early. You can get it now in August! It is a fabulous bundle you don’t want to miss out! Get in early! Make sure you contact me to find out how! 

I don’t know about you but I love Christmas and I love the stamp in the set of Christmas Pines that says Season of Joy. Christmas time has always been a season of joy for me, as a child and I still love it now! I loved helping with all the decorations and cooking and singing all the Christmas carols. December is also full of birthdays for my family with my niece and brother before Christmas and my birthday 4 days after, my husband 5 days after. My husband and I got married 3 days after Christmas and then the first week of January I have 2 cousins and my sister-in-law who have birthdays as well so with Christmas it really is a season of Joy in our family.

The season of Joy is stamped in Cherry cobbler and then I have sprinkled clear embossing powder on it and set it with the heat tool. The lovely frame around it is stamped with VersaMark and then I have used copper embossing powder! I know I can’t get away from copper! I don't know why you would want to!

With doing our Christmas cards little by little during this year makes it a certain that this Christmas will be a season of joy for all of us as well, as we won’t be in a rush at the end of the year to get our cards made and sent.

To finish this card I have cut out some pine leaves with the Pretty Pines Thinlits dies in garden green and some branches in crumb cake. The pine cones are cut out with copper foil paper and I have used the fine tip glue pen to adhere them to our card front. Of course I needed some Copper Metallic thread and popped our sentiment up on dimensionals!


On the inside of the card I have stamped a greeting in Cherry cobbler and used the little leaves in the Christmas Pines stamp set in each corner with garden green.

For more product information for this card check out the list below.
PRODUCTS
Stamps
 Christmas Pines
Card Stock and Papers
Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler,  Be Merry DSP, Copper Foil
Ink
 Versamark, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler
Acecessories / Embellishments
Metallic copper Thread
Tools
Big Shot, Pretty pine thinlit dies, Card front builder thinlit dies, Fine tip glue pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals,  Trimmer, snail, bone folder, copper embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy

Don’t forget to pop over to our team leader’s blog Claire Daly for some more Christmas inspiration and the list of who played along from the team today.

Please contact me for any more information on how to make this card, on how to get your hands on the Annual Catalogue, the New Holiday Catalogue and any of your Stampin’ Up goodies.

Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.

Take Care

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card Sharon. I can really relate to all the Christmas birthdays..in our family we have birthdays 19/11, 5/12, 8/12, 15/12, 21/12, 01/01!

Handstampedbyrachel said...

Still going with that one sheet, yet another lovely card Sharon.

Christine Blain said...

This is a beautifully put-together card, Sharon. Those panels of DSP look great inside the lovely die-cut frame.

Judy May said...

This is a really lovely layout, Sharon. The strips are a great background for your embellishments. Love it!

Mary said...

Beautiful card Sharon - just love that sentiment frame too.

Tina said...

Wow! Lovely card! It certainly sounds like a busy time of year for you all.

Carussell Crafts said...

Your card is beautiful Sharon and probably my favourite so far. The design is just perfect - I love it! :)

Kate Morgan said...

Great layout, Sharon. I love this 3 panels behind the sentiment and the die cut frame.

Claire said...

Wow, totally loving this card. It's really unique and the DSP looks great behind the panels. Thanks for playing along with Heart of Christmas this week.

Unknown said...

I love One Sheet Wonders! This is a beautiful card, I love the symmetry and all the small details!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...