Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 25 January 2018

Stampin' Up - Occasions Catalogue - Art With Heart January 2018 Blog Hop




Tonight the Art with Heart team are sharing creative projects using product from the occasions catalogue. The occasions catalogue is current now until 31st May. Be sure to request your copy of the catalogue today (along with the sale-a-bration brochure).
Sale-a-bration is also a great time to join our fabulous team. Ask any of the girls on the hop!

Have you ever wanted to have one of those big cakes at your birthday and someone jumps out of it and says surprise?! OK well maybe only in those old movies that I like to watch. Or have you ever wanted to decorate your cakes nice and fancy and you thought I just can’t decorate cakes like that no matter how many videos I watch! Well with the new Sweet Soiree Suite and my card today can get you a little bit closer to having a birthday cake like that!

The card I made for you today is a Triple tier slider card. This card has a cake decorated on the front and then your greeting POPS out the top!



On the front of the card I have used the gorgeous Silver foil accented Sweet Soiree Speciality Designer Series Paper as the background to my cake. In this Suite you will be able to purchase all your goodies to make the most decadent cake you have ever created!


To start with I have stamped the 2 layer cake in Berry Burst on Whisper White card using the Cake Soiree stamp set which has 18 gorgeous stamps in the set. Yes, you heard me 18! Then when you bundle it with the Sweet Cake Framelit Dies you can cut out the cake and the gorgeous cake stand which I have done in Champagne foil which is one of the carry over items from the Holiday catalogue and you can purchase that until the end of May as well. It is one of my favourites so I am so happy about that!


On the cake I have used the new Embossing Paste that is in the Occasions Catalogue. I have pared it with the Sweet Soiree Decorative Mask. The dots on the cake are in the new Silver Paste and the scalloped Edge is in the new Shimmery White Paste. They just add a little but of glimmer and class to your cakes! Who says you can’t decorate cakes like a pro!


The flowers on the top of the cake are a 2 step process as you can see I have used a background colour and then a different colour for the definition. Now you can use your stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the 2nd colour definition to get the most perfect flowers or you can wing it. It is up to you, if you are like me you have to have them lines up just perfect so I suggest the stamp-a-ma-jig. It takes too many times to get them lined up perfect without it! (Just saying) Then using the Sweet Cake Framelits Dies you can cut them out perfectly along with some twigs and leaves.

All of this I have popped up on some dimensionals on the front of the card.

Now for the magic! Remember I said I like to watch old movies where people pop out of cakes. Well the greetings in the Cake Soiree stamp set Pop out of this cake.


The little tab at the top I made by using the new Scallop Circle punches so you know that you have to pull the tiers of the cake out!


I have left the popped-out sections plain with just the greeting so that they don’t take away from the gorgeous cake on the front of the card.


For more product information on this card check out the list below.
PRODUCTS
Stamps
Cake Soiree
Card Stock and Papers
Whisper White, Berry Burst, Old Olive, Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP, Wood Texture DSP, Champagne Foil
Ink
Berry Burst, Powder Pink, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzelberry
Acecessories / Embellishments
Gold Metallic Thread
Tools
 Silver and Shimmery White Embossing Paste,Sweet Soiree Decorative Masks, Palette Knives,Sweet Cake Framelits dies, Big Shot, 2.9 cm Scallop Punch, 3.5 cm Scallop Punch, Trimmer, paper snips, fast fuse, bone folder, dimensionals  

Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented, Ros Davidson.



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:

Ros Davidson
Caroline Manwaring
Tina Gillespie
Kathryn Mangelsdorf
Rachel Palmieri 
Alisha Watson
Claire Daly 

Rebecca Jacovou
Leanne Mitchell
Kate Morgan
Monika O’Neill
Sharon Davern

Please contact me for any more information on how to make this card, on how to get your hands on the Annual Catalogue, the Occassions Catalogue and any of your Stampin’ Up goodies.
Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.

Take Care

22 comments:

Kate Morgan said...

Fantastic card Sharon, I love it and that bundle has just moved up on my shopping list!!!

Tina said...

That's soooo cool! Now I've got 'Dream Of You' from Singing In The Rain in my head!

Leanne Mitchell said...

Ooooo I love you card. I might have to buy that bundle.

Sharon said...

Thank you Kate, it is a great bundle!

Sharon said...

Thank you Tina! I know that was the song I was thinking of when I made the card!

Sharon said...

Thank you Leanne!

Ros said...

Lovely triple slider card!

Sharon said...

Thank you Ros

Mary said...

Fabulous card Sharon - I love it. So many elements on this card and lots of detail - just gorgeous.

Christine Blain said...

Gorgeous! That is one decadent cake, Sharon!

Carussell Crafts said...

Oh Sharon, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card!!! It's beautiful!

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Wow!! Sharon I just love your card, so pretty with all the gorgeous layers, I have not seen a triple slider card before almost looks like a 3 tier wedding cake, clever girl xx

Sharon said...

Thank you Mary

Sharon said...

Thank you Christine

Sharon said...

Thank you Caroline

Sharon said...

Thank you Mon

Rachel Palmieri said...

An amazing creation Sharon. I'm totally impressed by your cake decorating skills!

Claire said...

Wow, totally amazing!! I love so much about your card. The embossing paste, the pop up bits. I just love it! Thanks for taking part in the Art with Heart Team Blog Hop.

Sharon said...

Thank you Claire it was fun to make!

Sharon said...

Thank you Rachel if only I could make icing flowers 🙂

Scrappingran@hotmail.com said...

Beautiful card Sharon, ❤️ I would love to know how you did the pop up bit, so I could have a go xx

Sharon said...

Hi Brenda, thank you I am glad you like the card. If you would like to email me by using my contact details on my side bar or tab at the top of the page I will make up a tutorial for you so that you can have a go at making the card yourself. :)

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...