Welcome to my happy place.

Hi,

Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that you will find some inspiration for your projects as I have from many lovely people. This is just a little space for me to share some of my cards, scrap book pages and maybe even some of my embroidery and quilting projects.

Enjoy and stop back often.

Sharon



Thursday 27 July 2017

Stampin' Up - Art With Heart - Favourite Colour Combination Blog Hop - July 2017



The Art with Heart Team ladies are selecting their favourite colour combinations to share with you tonight. Choosing the right colour scheme can be essential to your design and with Stampin’ Up!s stunning collection, there are 50 colours to choose from. There’s sure to be some combinations that work really well together and you can take inspiration from.
Now sit back and enjoy some time out of your day to cruise through our blog hop and soak up some colour explosion eye candy! 
Well I don’t know about you but when I saw the new In Colours this year I went WOO HOO! I know not everyone gets excited about colour but I do and I have just given you a hint as to what my favourite colour combo is at the moment. Well it probably will be for a long time to come. Check out a photo that my son took of me holding up the cards I made.

See the shirt I am wearing? Another hint to the colours! Yes you guessed it my colour combo for you today is Powder Pink, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Rich Razzleberry and lets add in a little Basic Grey to make the colours pop!
Climbing Orchid, Climbing Orchid Bundle, Climbing Orchid builder Framelits

I have made my card 2 ways for you today. One is 3D and one is a flat version. They are both embellished exactly the same so you can see the difference it makes to the card to add that little bit of dimension.
I have been playing with the Bokeh technique a little bit lately because of the ATC swap that we have done in our Art With Heart group and I made a little bit extra using my favourite colour combination to use for our cards today and our blog hop. You can check out the technique on my Christmas post.
Climbing Orchid, Climbing Orchid Bundle, Orchid Builder Framelits

I have used the Climbing Orchard stamp set and Orchard builder framelits to create both my cards today. The Orchard is stamped in Rich Razzleberry and then clear embossed before being cut out with the Orchard builder framelits. The leaves and branches are also clear embossed in garden green on garden green cardstock. The leaves are cut out with the framelits but the branches are fussy cut. I have used Gold Metalic Thread to add some bling to the orchards along with the Glitter enamel dots with the sentiment which is also clear embossed with Rich Razzleberry on the Bockeh technique backgound paper and then cut out with the layering oval thinlits. 
The background paper had all 4 beautiful colours used to make the gorgeous effect. Powder Pink, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig and Rich Razzleberry. Each Orchard comes out so differently because of how the ink ran into each other and blended.
Climbing Orchid, Climbing Orchid Bundle, Orchid Builder Framelits

With the 3D version of the card I cut out the individual parts of the orchard and layered them up on the mini dimensionals that we now have with Stampin’ Up, I just love them! 

Again I have used all the same embellishing bling. It really just adds a little bit more to your card to make it 3D. Both cards have been layered on the gorgeous Wood Textured DSP and Basic Grey Card Stock before being placed on a Rich Razzleberry cardbase. Aren’t you just loving the wood textured DSP I sure am!
Climbing Orchid, Climbing Orchid Bundle, Orchid Builder Framelits

On the inside of the card I have stamped the image of the orchard in Rich Razzleberry, a card is never complete without a little decoration on the inside.

For more product information check out the list below.
PRODUCTS
Stamps
Climbing Orchard
Card Stock and Papers
Water Colour Paper, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey, Rich Razzleberry, Wood Textures DSP
Ink
Powder Pink, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Rich Razzleberry, Craft Stampin’ Ink.
Acecessories / Embellishments
Glitter Enamel dots, Gold Metallic Thread
Tools
Paper Snips, heat tool, Aqua Painter, Circle Layer thinlits, acertate, sponge dauber, embossing buddy, clear emboss powder, big shot, Orchard Builder framelits, stampin’ dimensionals, mini stampin; dimensionals, Layering Ovals thinlits, fast fuse.

 
Please don't hesitate to contact me for details on how to make this card or on how to get your hands on the annual catalogue and any of your Stampin' Up goodies.
Now it’s time to hop on over to our next participant, the very talented and lovely Tina Gillespie. 
    
If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:
1.      Catherine Proctor
2.      Sharon Davern
3.      Tina Gillespie
4.      Kathryn Ruddick
5.      Andrea Roberts
6.      Rebecca Jacovou
7.      Monika O’Neill
8.      Caroline Manwaring
9.      Rachel Woollard


Hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for spending some time with me.
Take Care

9 comments:

Mon's Stamping Corner said...

Sharon your cards are gorgeous!! love all the different purples and the woodgrain sets your flowers of beautifully xx

Kate Morgan said...

Sharon, I adore your card, especially with the woodgrain DSP behind, it really makes those orchids pop right off the card!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Sharon that woodgrain really makes the orchid pop, what stunning cards!

Tina said...

Your cards are fantastic, Sharon. I love the extra oomph that the dimensionals give your second card.

Christine Blain said...

Lovely use of colour, Sharon. I especially love the "popped up" version!

Amie said...

I am not familiar with the bokeh technique so I am inspired by your cards to give it a go. Your cards must look even more stunning IRL!

Carussell Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. The colour combination is perfect and I love the Wood Textures DSP. Love it! :)

Claire said...

Wow, these cards are amazing Sharon, nd that's a lovely picture of you too :)


Kathryn Ruddick said...

Such beautiful orchids. Love it!

Colour Creations Blog Hop - Week 44 - Real Red - Tiger Lilly

  Welcome to week 44 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations Blog hop. This week we are championing the colour Real Red! This week I have chosen to ...